After a significant number of incumbent legislators lost their seats, Ghana’s eighth legislature will welcome some new faces as replacements.
After 28 years, the Nadowli-Kaleo constituency has got a new MP.
This was after its ‘Mugabe’ in the person of Alban Bagbin stepped down and did not contest the National Democratic Congress (NDC) primaries for the 2020 elections.
Anthony Mwinkaara Sumah is now the MP-elect for the Nadowli-Kaleo constituency. He won on the ticket of the NDC.
Mr. Sumah is one of the fresh faces to enter Ghana’s eighth parliament.
Below is the list of first-time MPs to enter Ghana’s eighth parliament according to regions in Northern Ghana:
- Daniel Nsala Wakpal – Kpandai (NDC)
2. Abukari Dawuni – Wulensi (NDC)
3. Farouk Aliu Mahama – Yendi (NPP)
4. Thomas Mbomba – Tatale (NPP)
5. Alhassan Tampuli – Gushegu (NPP)
6. Mohammed Aminu Anta – Karaga (NPP)
7. Abdul Aziz Ayaba – Mion (NPP)
8. Hamza Adam – Kumbungu (NDC)
9. Abdulai Jacob Iddriss – Savelugu (NDC)
Upper East Region
10. Abdulai Abanga – Binduri (NPP)
11. Lydia Adakurugu -Tempane (NDC)
12. Sampson Chiragia – Navrongo (NDC)
13. Thomas Dalu – Chiana-Paga (NDC)
Upper West Region
14. Peter Lanchene Tuobu – Wa West (NDC)
15. Godfred Seidu Jasaw – Wa East (NDC)
16. Anthony Mwinkaara Sumah – Nadowli-Kaleo Constituency (NDC)
17. Cletus Seidu Dapilah – Jirapa (NDC)
18. Amidu Chinnia Issahaku – Sissala East (NPP)
19. Mohammed Adama Sikparu – Sissala West (NDC)
20. Bright Baligi – Lambusie (NPP)
21. Bede Ziedeng – Lawra (NDC)
22. Bakye Yelviel Baligi – Lambussie (NPP)
23. Hajia Zuweira Ibrahim – Salaga South (NDC)
24. Alhaji Mahama Asei Seini, Daboya-Mankarigu (NPP)
25. Abu Jinapor – Damongo (NPP)
26. Alhassan Abdulai Iddi Salaga North (NPP)
27. Hajia Lariba Zuwera Abudu – Walewale (NPP)
28. Abednego Bandim – Bunkpurugu (NDC)
29. Alhaji Baba Seidu Issifu – Nalerigu Gambaga (NDC)
30. Tahidu Abdul Razak – Chereponi (NPP)
31. Oscar Liwaar – Yunyoo (NPP)
Check for number 19 and 22 from Upper west and write the name correctly
Can you please give us the right/correct names?