Northernghana.net
Uncategorized

95 percent of Houses in Shia connected to National grid



About 95 percent of houses in the Shia Community in the Talensi District of the Upper East Region, have been connected to the National grid.

The initiative which started in 2016 under the NDC administration through the Rural Electrification Project was completed in 2018 under the NPP administration. It is expected that the remaining houses without Electricity power, will also be connected in the coming year.

Addressing Community members at a brief ceremony to commission a 100KVA Transformer at Shia, the District Chief Executive Dr. Christopher Boatbil, expressed satisfaction with the work done so far by the Contractor, especially in making sure that, the people in the Shia Community also get their share of the National grid.

“Even though, houses that have been connected is about 95 percent out of the entire Shia Community, I am confident that the remaining 5 percent will be connected too. This government has come to continue where the other government left. The government led by Nana Akufo Addo has decided to continue with this project and that is why am most grateful for this 100KVA Transformer, which I think will play a very vital role to this community.” The DCE noted.

However, Chiefs, opinion leaders and people of Shia Community was grateful for the wonderful initiative taken by government.

Source: a1radioonline.com | Ngamegbulam Chidozie Stephen | Ghana

Comments

comments



Source link

See also  Parliament approves Oppong Nkrumah, Tangaba Abayage as ministers

Related posts

Chereponi clashes: Schools ordered to remain closed till calm is restored

Delali Adogla-Bessa

Empower women to contribute more to Dagbon’s development – Angela Dwamena-Aboagye

Farida Yusif

House Beautiful: Passive House A Green Dream Come True

Daniel Wundengba

5-year-old girl drowns at Sumbrungu after heavy downpour

A1 Radio News

Two suspects Arrested in Tamale for lynching man

Northern Ghana

Upper East Police Command warns Bolgatanga chieftaincy factions

Charles Wundengba

Leave a Comment

two + three =

%d bloggers like this: