Management of the Tamale Teaching Hospital in the Northern Region has had a mass burial service for unknown dead bodies at the hospital’s mortuary. This became necessary because five compressors of the fridges at the morgue got faulty due to recent power fluctuations in the region.
A1 radio news has gathered that, families and relatives of other corps were dually informed to come for the bodies due to the situation. A1 news Northern Regional Correspondent, visited the morgue on Wednesday and observed a high stench coming from the various compartment of the fridges.
Sources at the facility informed A1 radio news that, the necessary processes were followed to commission the mass burial. A memo that A1 news came across confirmed that due to power disturbance at the hospital on 27th June, 2019, the fridges could not function as expected.
The source disclosed the electronic board of all the outdoor units of the mortuary fridges were burnt and therefore, rendered the fridges non-functioning.
However, a quick intervention was made by the biomedical engineering team to replace an old outdoor unit from one of the fridges at the histopathology unit to fix one of the faulty fridges before the others were subsequently replaced.
But this effort was insufficient to complement the state of affairs at the place.
Source: A1radioonline.com | Mohammed Gadafi | Ghana